Thursday, August 31, 2023

Lume DEI School of Autism is now my family

"On August 29, 2023, we had a great time with these kids at Lume DEI School of Autism in Middleburg." These children, like those in our mainstream schools, need to be fluent in coding. What a fantastic experience with BOATS and TANKS coding." I spoke these things with joy and great honor since Ms Angel encouraged me to come and explain Coding to her school Lume DEI School of Autism.
"I've been watching your coding posts on social media until I got your contact information so that I can invite you to our school,"Ms Lethabo Ntsoane remarked during our WhatsApp conversation.
I'm thrilled to have begun this adventure of influencing this community through coding and robots. I had an incredible experience with these kids; I expected it to be challenging, but they were enthusiastic and engaged during the two sessions of Boats and Tanks Coding lessons.

On April 2nd, Autism Awareness Month chose a very hopeful theme: "Transforming the narrative: Contributions at home, at work, in the arts, and in policymaking." I must admit that I was unaware of it due to my lack of knowledge regarding the disease. Despite the fact that we only have a few Special Schools in our department, I have always wanted to work with and have considered resources that appear to be limited.

Now I know that Coding Apps for Boats, Rangers, and Tanks are a great place to start for any child, regardless of their condition. Tangible Africa made it possible for us to not leave any child behind because they deserve to be fluent in coding.
Teachers in all of our special needs schools will be prioritized as I prepare my next steps in coding courses. I now have the confidence and experience to achieve more. 
I was particularly pleased to plant the first tree with the Principal Leilanie Rossouw , who is also the Founder of Lume DEI School of Autism, as a sign of our children's protection against climate change. The tree will subsequently be replanted on the site where the school will soon be erected.



No comments:

Post a Comment